Met with my friend today. I was reminded of several things, but these stand out the most:
1. I need to be spiritually fed. I can't give what I don't have. To truly be able to serve, I need nourishment and strength.
2. Trust God and take baby steps. I don't have to make a permanent decision until I'm ready.
3. Get my relationship with God right, and the relationships I have with other people will be right.
4. It's OK to crosstrain -- going to different churches to receive what I need.
5. It's OK to give myself time and space to heal.
6. Forgiveness helps me as well as the other person. If I need some space in order to do that, then I need to allow myself to be apart from the person I am to forgive.
I'll share a bit more later.