Sunday, July 12, 2009

Romans 8:28, Philippians 4:4

We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.

Well, it's been a much happier day than I have experienced in a long time. I am guessing that God is working, even as I grieve my departure from my old parish, to show me that I can indeed rejoice in all things, that things are working together for good. I've contacted the appropriate people to serve my new parish in ways that match my gifts, and I pray that I will serve God in a fitting manner through these ministries.

Already I am slated to sing as part of a duet for our offertory anthem next Sunday! Well, I guess we'll see how things go during practice and see if the duet actually happens. I think it will be fine, but I'll reserve judgment until Tuesday's practice. I'll read during Mass sometime in August, which is just fine, because I can spend some time observing how things are done at this church.

After seeing some friends from my old parish (who are also at my new one), I am starting to make some sense out of the whole sad experience regarding my former parish. For the record, I did not share any details of my experience, but rather listened to theirs. And not everything was negative, sometimes things are just a better fit someplace else. (I add this for the benefit of my readers who still attend my former church, and whom I love.) As for my experience, it's a shame, because things started out so well. I am a bit afraid that a similar experience might happen at my present parish, though I must remind myself that these are different people, different situations. I'll talk with Father Y next week about this.

Just as a side note...Facebook has played a significant role in connecting with my new parish. I had "met" several people there, including Father Y, even before considering a transfer. And FB still plays a role in maintaining connections from high school and my former congregations.

It just shows again that all things, including social networking, work together for good, for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.

Amen! Alleluia!



No comments: