Sunday, August 30, 2009

Finishing out the month

Change. Endings. Life goes on.

Later this morning, my old church will have its last service at its present location. It coincides with Fr. X's last service with this congregation.

Hmmm...

Such a tumultuous time in the preceding months. Now things are changing, ending. This is real.

I don't feel called to go back, and yet there is a sad wistfulness -- a wish that things could have ended on a better note. But maybe this was the only way things could end. The situation was just too highly charged for anyone involved. Perhaps God just had to bring things to a screeching halt.

I hope that someday there will be a way to rewrite the ending to this tale, to make this a more peaceful ending.

But life does go on. And I see opportunities for growth at my present church that weren't available at my old one. More opportunities to serve God and other people. And at least for now, a kind of sheltering from church drama that I really need right now.

Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on. Be blessed!



And a little bonus track...

1 comment:

Helen said...

I am not familiar with why you left , but I know sometimes it happens.

I left one parish because it wasn't handicapped accessible enough for my mom.
I left another because though I wanted to serve, they were more concerned with how I dress. (I was neither immodest nor sloppy. This was a well to do parish, and I'm not well to do. My best outfit just wasn't good enough)
I am at a parish now that is very handicapped accessible, and not only lets me serve, but someone comes out to bring my mom Holy Communion once a week (she can no longer get to Church) and the two women who have done this have become great friends.
I hope you will be as happy with your change as my family is with ours.